Join the Johnstone's Benefits Team
Be part of our growing dynamic team at JOHNSTONE'S BENEFITS. If you enjoy working in the group insurance industry, find providing awesome service to your clients motivating, if you are a good communicator, if you pay attention to details, and if you want to work in a casual professional work environment with some fun people, your job could be as part of our team!
We are Independent Group Benefits Advisors and Administrators, locally owned and operated. Our founder, Ralph Johnstone, was ahead of his time in serving small and medium business, and we continue to carry that torch today – we act as our clients’ benefits department. What we are most proud of is our reputation with our long-term clients, including those who have been with us since early days.
We may have a specific position that we are hiring for – see below. However, we are always interested in talking to the right people about opportunities that may be a perfect fit for you and for us!
JOHNSTONE’S BENEFITS. Bringing personal, responsive service back to insurance.
Department: Client Services
Date: July 3, 2019
As a SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, you will be responsible for managing and actively developing group insurance client accounts and working closely with the team assigned to accounts to create and support an optimal client experience.
Your outstanding and unique skills will help you …
- Manage the overall client relationship on a day-to-day basis for block of clients
- With others in the Account Management & Business Development team, develop and execute strategy to organically grow the business, which will include client retention, aligning additional products and services to the client’s program and increasing our current client base
- Work closely with clients to develop a plan design and service model to meet their needs, which will include pricing and funding strategies, reserve calculations, benchmarking studies, negotiations, renewals, and vendor management
- Work closely with other team members to ensure client services align to Johnstone’s mission and value statements, and client deliverables are achieved
- Respond to client inquiries pertaining to their group insurance plan(s), including problematic administration and claims questions, and work through solutions with Client Service team
- Keep current and advise clients of emerging industry trends; understand employer HR issues as they relate to benefits
- Initiate discussions to develop better tools and processes to optimize internal effectiveness and client services
- Develop and maintain good working relationship with insurers, to reach the end goal of retaining mutual clients and developing effective processes
- As a company leader, create information sharing and development environment within the Client Services teams
- Other duties as required to ensure optimal service levels are experienced by Johnstone’s Benefits clients
- CORE COMPETENCIES
- Strong leadership skills, willing and able to share knowledge, coach and mentor team members
- Critical thinker who can demonstrate strong professional acumen and the desire to take the initiative in finding a solution
- Exceptional customer focus, with the ability to proactively look for alternate solutions
- Dedicated team player who demonstrates initiative, independence and problem solving, and has a process improvement mindset
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – professional and comfortable with all levels of the clients’ organizations
- Able to effectively discuss business development opportunities with current and potential clients
- Friendly and approachable, able to establish and maintain excellent working relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work independently and multi-task easily
- Good understanding of PC’s and software, with capabilities specific with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
You will have …
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of group benefits experience
- Individual Life Insurance Agent Licence, or commitment to complete Life Licence Qualifying Program (LLQP) within three (3) months of hire
Even better if you have …
- Two (2) or more years of client relationship management experience
- Two (2) or more years’ experience in leading teams
- Post-secondary education and/or related courses in group benefits (CEBS)
JOHNSTONE’S BENEFITS - where our mission is “to treat each client as if they were our only client”.