Use this form to enrol your employees and their dependents in your company's group benefits plan. An employee becomes eligible for benefits coverage in accordance with the eligibility requirements and the waiting period(s) outlined in your group policies. To be eligible, an employee must be in an eligible class, work a minimum hours per week, have completed the waiting period (if applicable), be "actively at work" on the eligibility date.
If an employee enrols in the benefits plan later than 31 days ofbecoming eligible, he/she will be treated as a Late Applicant. An employee who is considered a Late Applicant must provide satisfactory medical evidence of insurability to the Insurer and be formally approved prior to becoming eligible for coverage. Some limitations/restrictions may apply as per your group policy.
Use the Change Form to report to Johnstone's work changes, including:
- change of salary
- change of position
- transfer between classes and/or divisions
- leave of absence for more than 31 days
- termination of employment, including retirement
And changes due to life events, including:
- addition of spouse and/or dependent child(ren) due to marriage, including common-law, or birth of a child
- deletion of spouse and/or dependent child(ren) due to legal separation, or divorce
- death of employee, spouse or dependent child
- dependent child becoming overage as per your policy
- spouse gains benefits coverage, or spouse loses benefits coverage
- home address change
Clients are welcome to set up premium and other payments payable to Johnstone's directly from their financial institution by completing this form.
Optional critical illness insurance (CI) provides a lump sum benefit following the diagnosis of a covered condition that can be used any way the insured wishes. Coverage is available to all eligible employee members and spouses under age 65, as well as eligible dependent children.
If you have a basic level of Accidental Death & Disablement (AD&D) insurance under your current group benefits, Johnstone’s Benefits’ Optional AD&D insurance lets you top up that coverage. It lets you insure your spouse and dependent children too. It’s a benefit designed to bring you low group prices combined with a high degree of individual flexibility.